The Student News Site of Sonora High School

The Prowl

The Last Rally of 2017: Rotating into Success

Hannah Wynne, Emma Lee, and Hayley Middlebrooks

The 2016-2017 school year has been a roller coaster of grades, emotions, and no shortage of change for both students and staff at Sonora High School. The last rally of the school year, held on Friday, May 26, signaled the end of the academic season, yet shadowed at the beginnings of what is to come and what current high school students should expect for the next stages of life.

Hannah Wynne
ORGANIZED CHAOS. The Sonora High School gym ignites in an organized chaos as students of all grades shift into their new positions for the next school year. The rally kicked off with an exciting rap battle between Mr. Sarkisian and Robby Van Noord, and continued on with the infamous rotation of grades. Juniors got a taste of what it will be like to sit where the seniors did, the freshmen section is left empty, ready for the next year’s brand new class, and the seniors take their place on the floor, ready to graduate.

FOR THE LAST TIME. As the senior class of 2017 rotates to their final position on the floor of the Sonora High School gym, life begins as the lights dim. Students crowded together, excited to reflect upon their years with the senior slideshow. The video started with baby pictures, and with resounding laughter as students recognized themselves, moved on to more recent memories. It was concluded with the senior class prank, which elicited mixed reactions from all.