The Student News Site of Sonora High School

The Prowl

School’s Almost Out: Time for Summer Adventures

LYONS DAM. This breathtaking destination is perfect for picnicking, hiking, and becoming one with nature as you take in the picturesque scene.

Natalie Hawks

Natalie Hawks, Photo Editor

As we reach the final stretch of the race to school’s finish, we can’t help but daydream about the summer adventures that are to come. Surprisingly, our small county has a lot to offer when it comes summer activities… you just have to be willing to keep an open mind, as you explore the county and create a fun time for yourself and your friends. Summer is almost here so lather on that sunscreen, pack a snack, get your gps ready, and travel the county.

Natalie Hawks
OLD WARDS FERRY BRIDGE. If you’re into long scenic drives, then cruise over to the Old Wards Ferry Bridge. The drive takes you through the green countryside of Sonora. Eventually you arrive at a bridge that has become legendary for its vibrant graffiti art.

Natalie Hawks
DOWNTOWN. If you’re not feeling like venturing too far, then find entertainment downtown. You can cool off with some ice cream or frozen yogurt, go shopping, or dine in at one of the local eateries.

Natalie Hawks
KNIGHTS FERRY. Knights Ferry is a great historical place to explore. You can check out the old bridge, have a picnic, hike, and if you’re daring enough, you might even take a swim in the ice cold Stanislaus River.

Natalie Hawks
PINECREST. Last but definitely not least, head over to the gem of our county, Pinecrest. Pinecrest is a stunning place both during the day and the night. Here you will find several fun summer activities to do with family and friends. Daytime activities include hiking, swimming, paddle boarding, and eating a delicious soft serve from the snack shack. Nighttime activities include, watching movies under the stars, stargazing, and camping.