The Student News Site of Sonora High School

The Prowl

A City Under Different Lights: I Take a Trip to The Main Event

FROM 10 P.M - CLOSING 
The night has just begun. Families, friends, workers are inside the building bringing it to life. Music is heard outside in the parking lot. Families continue to come back and enjoy the atmosphere.

Haley Fiedler

FROM 10 P.M - CLOSING The night has just begun. Families, friends, workers are inside the building bringing it to life. Music is heard outside in the parking lot. Families continue to come back and enjoy the atmosphere.

Haley Fiedler, Editor-In-Chief

Bowling. Food. A giant zero gravity obstacle course. Laser tag. Arcade. Sounds like a dream for a kid, and even sounds like a dream for even an adult as well. This is why Main Event appeals to all ages.

The Main Event is located in Olathe, Kansas. From appetizers to sharing a laugh while playing pool, the Main Event had everything.

“My family comes here once every one to two months,” said a local resident. “We enjoy the food and sometimes the kids will go off and play while my wife and I enjoy ourselves.”

The Main Event is open from 11:00 in the afternoon until 2:00 a.m.

A fun fact about this franchise’s location is that there are none in California. That goes for many other restaurants and places in Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri as well. Although California has beaches, and places like Hollywood, Disneyland, etc, nothing beats seeing new and different scenery.

The Main Event on a Friday night is crowded with loads of people. Music is blasting, dishes and drinks clatter from time to time, air hockey is being played, and falling pins make thunderous sounds.

FROM A TOURIST’S VIEWPOINT

I can only imagine the excitement that comes from visiting a new place completely foreign to travelers. Tourists come from all over the world to see what California holds. People who reside in California have much to appreciate.

A recently married bride, Elizabeth Kovarik, visited California this past year and is the first of her family to see it.

“I love California,” said Kovarik. “It’s very busy and fast paced compared to Kansas though.

As California has much to offer, so did my trip to Kansas. Seeing the Main Event from 11:00 p.m. to closing was well worth the tired feelings I would experience the next morning.