The Student News Site of Sonora High School

The Prowl

It’s a Great Day to be a Wildcat: Students and Staff Steal the Show with Style

Nate Gookin Day (Mr. Hanson)

Nate Gookin Day (Mr. Hanson)

Isaiah MacDonald

Isaiah MacDonald

Nate Gookin Day (Mr. Hanson)

Brett Stewart, Kellen Phillips, and Isaiah MacDonald

Monday:  It’s Murica bud, and Sonora High School decided to represent our outstanding nation with freedom day. Every day of the week was filled with fun outfits to wear all leading up to prom on Saturday. Monday, kids rocked and socked red, white, and blue clothing or some sweet American flags. Hope you all were a part of these school dress up days and had a blast.

Tuesday: Pull your socks high and slip on some sandals. Tuesday’s theme was sporting crazy socks, while wearing sandals or slides or something of the sort. Walking around school, you couldn’t  possibly miss some people’s vibrant colored socks pulled knee high with their dazzling sandals.

Wednesday: Aloha. Wednesday was flying with Hawaiian and people repped awesome palm trees and flower filled shirts. Hope you all caught this wave of style.

Thursday: Who’s that mountain climber that walks Sonora’s hallways. It’s…it’s…my gosh…it’s Nate Gookin. Wait. He is everywhere! That’s right. Thursday, there was more than one Gook, because it was Nate Gookin day. Students and staff sported boots with shorts, large backpacks, baseball caps, or anything that allowed them to become the Gookin.

Friday: Hail, hail, hail Sonora High School. It’s always comes and it’s here, spirit day. That day is today. which let us all style some green and gold to show the pride of the Wildcat.

Monday

Isaiah MacDonald
RED, WHITE, AND BLUE. English teacher William Sarkisian grabs his American flag tie and gazes to the beautiful ceiling, so elegant he is. Monday, people dressed up in our nation’s colors for freedom day to express their love for our beautiful country. “The ability to display one’s freedom is oddly confining due to the thematic restrictions of spirit week as presented by Mr. Abernathy and his minions,” said Sarkisian.

Tuesday

CRAZY ENOUGH FOR YOU. Again, we see the amazing creature Mr. Sarkisian staring up into his own thoughts. It sure was awesome and crazy to see the variety of non traditional socks being worn with cool sandals. Why are they really doing the worst fashion faux pas in history? “These dress up days are fun and all, but when it comes down to it, the Mole Bucks in Chemistry are what I’m going for,” said Keanu Perez.

Wednesday

ALOHA. Sark changes his look and now stares through the camera with his dazzling green flowered button up. Wednesday is Hawaiian day, so grab your board and ride the waves to Sonora with your lively attire that explodes to the eye like Hawaiian volcanoes. “If you can’t get on board with Hawaiian shirt Wednesday, I don’t know what to tell you,” said Sarkisian.

Thursday

GOOOKIN. Locked and loaded with boots high, belts on, and ball caps being rocked. Thursday is Nate Gookin day and people were wearing boots, shorts, belts, and anything he would wear on a normal Gookin day. “People try to define what Gookin Day is all about, but the irony is that only Gookin can define what Gookin is,” said Mr. Sarkisian.

Friday

WILDCAT READY. Sark once again is yet again in his natural habitat gazing out at the sun. Friday, the last day before prom 2017, is of course spirit day, and students are killing the style game with green and gold. Mr. Roe spoke in adoration regarding Mr. Sarkisian’s unyielding spirit and love for Sonora High School. He also admires him on a personal level. “Sark has some hairy, sexy legs,” said Mr. Roe.

Isaiah MacDonald
Nate Gookin Day (Mrs. Smith)

Brett Stewart
Crazy Socks and Sandals Day (Keanu Perez)

Brett Stewart
Crazy Socks and Sandals Day (Savannah McClintock)

Kellen Phillips
Mr. Abernathy

Kellen Phillips
Mr. Hanson

Kellen Phillips
Mr. Abernathy