The Student News Site of Sonora High School

The Prowl

That’s a Wrap; Sonora Softball Season Ends

HEY BATTER BATTER, HEY BATTER BATTER SWING. The Sonora High School softball team’s last game of the season was full of excitement for both the players and the spectators. Each member of the team played their hearts out. Jon Abernathy, the Sonora softball coach for three years now, is proud of how well the team has done this season. “It’s been rocky, but it’s been a big improvement over the past seasons,” Abernathy said.

Elza Parish

Elza Parish

Elza Parish and Kristiina Thompson

Elza Parish
MAKING ‘EM PROUD. Coach Abernathy watches the game with a proud gaze. Abernathy claimed that he loved seeing the players grow and become more skilled. “My favorite part of coaching is watching somebody improve and watching the looks on their faces when they’re successful,” Abernathy said.

Elza Parish
THREE PEAS IN A POD. One of the best parts of softball, according to the girls on the team, is bonding with one another. Haley Gragg, a junior at SHS, played varsity this year as number 23. She was stoked to play this year and loved spending time with her teammates. “My favorite part about playing is feeling myself improve and growing as a team with the other girls,” Gragg said.

Elza Parish
SO LONG. The girls on the team say their goodbyes as they wrap up their last game. The varsity team won two pre-season games and three season games, making that a total of five wins for the Sonora High School varsity softball team. With winning comes a great sense of accomplishment, and a confidence boost. Defeating rivals is always a plus. “It was really fun beating Summerville,” Abernathy said.

1 Comment

One Response to “That’s a Wrap; Sonora Softball Season Ends”

1. Cynthia Leah Zelinsky on May 19th, 2017 8:20 am

I love what you guys are doing!!!!! Keep up the great work!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.